Pages

10.07.2010

Thesaurus Thursday



Another Thursday here at Bookworm Meets Bookworm.  The last few weekends have been packed with memory-making events and this weekend will be no different.  My little brother, Tommy, will be getting married on Sunday in the beautiful hills of the North Georgia Mountains.  His fiancee, M, is certainly a lovely lady; I can't express how happy I am for them!  Congrats, little brother :)

So what's a great word to share on this extra special Thesaurus Thursday?

Today's word: jocund.

Jocund- Adjective, 14th century. 1. Marked by or suggestive of high spirits and lively mirthfulness. 

What I would say: The union prompted jocund festivities that continued late into the night.

Suggestions/ Comments?  Drop me a line! Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...