This year has been quite unforgettable. So much has changed in my life:
I found a full-time job. I decided to share a home with my sweetheart. I adopted two cats. I started this blog. I created two book clubs in Atlanta--one with local females, and one for a non-profit feminist medical center. My brother announced his family would be welcoming their first child. My aunt got engaged. I traveled. I baked. I started crafting again. I took lots of pictures. I spent time with friends, family and my darling.
And amidst all of this excitement I also found time to read. The fact that I could have read much more is irrelevent. Once I remembered how much I loved the printed word and decided to make reading a regular stint in my routine, I created Bookworm Meets Bookworm, which has introduced me to wonderful people and MUST READ literature.
Read in 2010:
6. Middlesex- Jeffrey Eugenides
10. Memory Wall: Stories- Anthony Doerr
16. The Long Song-Andrea Levy
17. I, Capture the Castle- Dodie Smith
18. Emerald City: Stories- Jennifer Egan
19. All is Forgotten, Nothing is Lost- Lan Samantha Chang
20. Little Bee- Chris Cleave
21. A Gate at the Stairs- Lorrie Moore
22. The School of Essential Ingredients- Erica Bauermeister
23. Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte
Books that were read up until the last couple chapters (or books that I should have finished):
1. Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte
2. The Widower's Tale- Julia Glass
3. Great House: A Novel- Nicole Krauss
4. Man Walks Into A Room- Nicole Krauss
The calendar is already filling up in January. I'm currently tackling The Elegance of the Hedgehog and The Knife of Never Letting Go for fun. The book club has already picked three months out:
January- The Guersney Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
March- Veronika Decides to Die
What did you read this year? Suggestions for the next?