Check-in time! Although I had scheduled this to come at a later date (once I had finished The Book Thief), I feel it's necessary to go ahead and provide a little update.
So, if you remember, Sarah (from Sarahreadstoomuch) asked us to choose one book from eight different catagories, all of which should be considered classics, and would need to be finished by June. Eight books in six months. Can't do it? Don't fret - the challenge deadline has been extended to December; however, I'm still for shooting for the original deadline.
An overview of my list: (Items in blue denote links to my reviews; bold and italics, currently reading.)
1. A Banned Book- The Jungle Upton Sinclair
2. A Book with a Wartime Setting (can be any war)- Suite Francaise Irene Nemirovsky
3. A Pulitzer Prize (Fiction) Winner or Runner Up- The Age of Innocence Edith Wharton
4. A Children's/Young Adult Classic- The Magician's Nephew C.S. Lewis
5. 19th Century Classic- Dead Souls Nikolai Gogol
6. 20th Century Classic- The Bell Jar Sylvia Plath
7. A Book you think should be considered a 21st Century Classic- The Book Thief Markus Zusak
8. Re-Read a book from your High School/College Classes- Of Love and Other Demons Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Read: 2 Reading Now: 2 To be Read: 4
So far, things look good. How about you?