Pages

12.19.2011

Five Days of Christmas: Atlanta


Usually around the holidays I tend to begin seriously thinking about all the things I'm grateful for in my life.  Of course, I recognize these things on a daily basis, but I like to think that I can get away with posting about these for a whole week when everyone is feeling extra nice.

J and I have a tradition of celebrating five days leading up to Christmas because we don't get to spend the holiday together. It's great because it's five days of hot cocoa and homemade marshmallows, presents galore and Christmas tunes on the iPod.  I love it.

It's also become a time to share the things that make us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Each night we exchange a little note expressing something we love about one another.  Because this activity brings so much joy to the season, I thought I'd extend the practice to this here blog, with the hopes that you'd want to participate, too.



On the first day of Christmas...

There are things that I just love about my city.  Atlanta.  
It's large but also small.  
It's green and urban.  
The little neighborhoods that snuggly lie on top of one another vary so greatly that it's a whirlwind of adventure. 
Mild winters coupled with blazing hot summers are just right for little ol' me. 
It's art and foodie finds and neighborhood parks.  
It's bicycles and cozy coffee shops and craft collectives.  
 I think about how grateful I am to live in my cute little apartment in the middle of it all every single day.
And one day, when I move far away, I'm sure I'll still call it home.


Feel free to copy this image and use along should you decide to participate (don't forget to leave us a little comment so we can take a peek too).  And don't worry about specifics... go ahead and post about anything that makes you oh-so-happy!

4 comments:

  1. I visited Atlanta on my US road trip honeymoon and it is really a lovely city. The restaurants were among the best we tried.

    And I love that you celebrate together early because you can't celebrate on the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam,
    Atlanta is a food city. Lucky me because I love to eat. Glad you enjoyed your visit! It's always been somewhat sad that we don't see one another on Christmas day, but so grateful for all the other time we get to spend with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tradition! I've never been to Atlanta but if I go, I'm definitely going to let you know so you can tell me where to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenna,
    I would be happy to provide a tour of the city! Although I'm itching to explore new territory, I'm ready to move to another city for a bit. I'm playing around with a new blog idea that will focus on exploring Atlanta on a new level. I'll be sure to let you know when it's up and running. Yes, the tradition is very special.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...