I haven't been reading, it's true. Well... I have and have not. I only managed to read 32 books this year! However, I have been reading (slowly) and really loved a few novels that I just never managed to write about. I think everyone understands this predicament.
There's a time when you run out of words to say about a novel you've read. Or a moment when you just can't muster the energy after a long day to sit and summarize a plot and then create something that resembles an opinion. It was both of these things. I just couldn't write another post. I couldn't.
I miss the blogging community and still like to read posts (but maybe never comment). I like to follow along on Twitter, and note all the books you're currently reading, or eyeing, so that I'm always in the loop.
2013 was a whirlwind. So much changed. And even though this blog suffered, I know I can always come back and say hello.
Here's a year in photos to celebrate the changes!
1. I launched my own photography business: bethpriddy.com
3. My brother and sister-in-law tied the knot. They are the best.
4. J and I agreed to share a life together. We're obviously crazy.
5. One of my best friends welcomed her first child!
6. I moved to Chicago. J, of course, did too.
7. My entire family stayed at the beach for a week. It was AMAZING.
9. I was hired to shoot Renegade Craft Fair Chicago!
10. I toured the midwest to see what the fall was like. (This was in Michigan.)
11. I traveled back down to Atlanta four times, after moving in September, before the new year to visit everyone I love. These are my lady friends.
12. We decided that Nashville is where we'll be headed next to start our own family.
2013 was good to me and I can't wait to see what the new year has in store! Happy New Year, everyone!!!
2014, let's do this!