Pages

7.08.2015

My First Readathon!



It feels like it's been a million years since I've had any time to sit down and read. What better way to commit to giving myself a little downtime than signing up for a readathon?! I've always wanted to join in but the timing has never worked out, and while I do actually have to photograph an event for several hours on Saturday, I still have most of the weekend to kick back and get lost in a good one. Ahhhhhh! It's my first readathon and I'M SO EXCITED!!!! I've really missed reading and blogging and all you blogging buddies and just want to jump in on the action.

I went to the library this evening in anticipation and picked up a few titles I'd been eyeing on Goodreads. I'm sure there will be some changes (and technically Dangerous Liaisons doesn't count because I've already started it), but I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far.

Readathon TBR:

Icelander by Dustin Long

I know nothing about this one. I found it while looking for another book and thought it would be appropriate since I'll be visiting Iceland in September. *Shrugs shoulders*

Broken Glass Park by Alina Bronsky

I found this one in a used bookstore in Chicago but couldn't commit to buying it at the time. I'll admit I'm not familiar with her work, but do know she has an extensive library, so fingers crossed.

The Observations by Jane Harris

I tried this one a couple of years ago and couldn't finish. But then Harris went and wrote one of my all-time favorites, Gillespie and Iso I figured I'd give it another go.

What We've Lost is Nothing by Rachel Louise Snyder

This title is my library's summer reading choice (One Book, One Oak Park). You  know, the whole community chooses a book for the season and then a huge event is held for people to participate and discuss. It's pretty awesome. It also happens to be based in my current home base, Oak Park, IL, so it'll be doubly interesting.

Second Life by S.J. Watson

I enjoyed Before I Go to Sleep (I really liked the movie), so it was added to the list because thrillers are always fast reads. Online sex circles? Ha. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea but I'm giving it a go. The book, not the circles...

The Caretaker by A.X. Ahmad

The second novel in this series made a recent must-read thriller list on NPR, and who am I to argue with that?! So I picked up the first. We'll see.


So... friends, what are you planning on reading?!? Anyone have any must-read historical fiction recommendations that I should add ASAP?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...