Pages

8.19.2010

Thesaurus Thursday


Here's to another Thesaurus Thursday!  I'm sitting here looking through my notebook with all of the words I've noted while finishing up Anthony Doerr's Memory Wall: Stories, and I'm trying to choose a word that would be fitting for a day filled with rain and grey skies. 


So how about infinitesimal? I think I can work with it. 


Infinitesimal- Adjective; Originated around 1710. Meaning: 1. Taking on values arbitrarily close but greater than zero. Or, 2. immeasurably or incalculably small. 
What I might say: Despite the paper's promise of an infinitesimal chance of rain, the sky tells me we'll probably be staying in tonight.


Any other uses?  I'd really enjoy some suggestions. 


Note: The image above can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...