Pages

8.26.2010

Thesaurus Thursday

Happy Thursday... one more day away from the always anticipated weekend!  My apologies for the lack of posts this week, but throughout the weekend and next week you can bet that I'll have some great content.  I'll be finishing Kathryn Stockett's The Help at the end of the day, which has been a real pleasure, and would love to bring some great thoughts for discussion to the table.  Next week, I'll be attending Jonathan Safran Foer's Eating Animals book tour and will be taking lots of notes to share with the blogging world.  Furthermore, I'm happy to say that I have some very fun posts that will help Atlantans learn more about the book stores in their area, but I can't spoil the entire surprise, so you'll have to sit tight!


I've got a long list of words compiled for this entertaining meme, so many that it makes it truly difficult to decide which word I'll choose next.  So here we go... another word picked from my endeavors with Memory Wall: Stories, paroxysm.


Paroxysm: Noun; 15th century. 1. a fit, attack, or sudden increase or recurrence of symptoms (as of a disease) : CONVULSION. 2. a suddent violent emotion or action : OUTBURST.


What I would say: The paroxysm by the protestors, at the start of the parade, frightened the children. 


Okay, I've got to find some more positive words. There's always next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...