Pages

9.09.2010

Thesaurus Thursday


Can you believe it's Thursday already?  I guess that's what happens when you have a holiday (-ish).  I was able to leave the office at noon this past Labor Day Monday, so that's a little bit more time for reading and relaxing. I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday, regardless of whether or not you had to labor on the holiday that exists to honor that labor.  You get it.  Anyway, moving forward.  I am really excited about this upcoming weekend.  My lovely boyfriend, J, is taking me on a little adventure to North Carolina. Winton-Salem, to be exact.  I don't know much more than that... he just happens to be an excellent secret keeper.  So here's to a surprise-filled weekend! 


I recently picked up Lionel Shriver's We Need To Talk About Kevin: A Novel (which I'll be posting about upon completion).  To choose one word, or even a few, from such a verbose novel has proven difficult.  I've decided that I can't read it unless I have the dictionary propped open next to me; otherwise, I'd miss many important details.  So, expect many words from this endeavor to appear, here, on the Bookworm Meets Bookworm site. 


Today's word: insouciance.


Insouciance- Noun, first used in 1799.  1. lighthearted unconcern: NONCHALANCE


What I would say: His insouciance during the evacuation was due to the amount of drinks he had consumed before it occurred. 


Any exciting plans for the weekend?  Any books you're really excited to get your hands on soon?  I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...