Pages

12.28.2010

Sometimes You Receive Nice Little Surprises




Sadly, it's back to the grind after a wonderful, wintry holiday.  Although citizens of the Northeast United States are cursing Father Winter (and I don't blame them), those of us down South were quite overjoyed to receive snow on Christmas morning.  I stayed with my youngest brother, in his new home, up in the North Georgia mountains, and watched it fall steadily the entire weekend.

Now let me take you back-- don't worry, not so far back; actually, just a post ago, you know, the post where I ever so politely whined about the lack of literary goodies that would grace the bottom of my tree.

From this blog post alone, I managed to snag 2 books on my most wished for list

My second to youngest brother, A, handed me a bright blue bag containing two lovely new books:

The Cookbook Collector: A Novel1. The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman
2. The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson

Then, the day after Christmas, my Grandmother made another visit and gave me another bag, composed of kitchen goodies to indulge my baking habit, and two books, one of which she found after reading my Top Ten Tuesday list:

2. In the Woods by Tana French

Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World

And I thought I wasn't going to receive a single book for Christmas! Did I mention my sweetheart, J, gave me a gift certificate to a local indepedent book store too? My reading habit certainly appreciates all the love.

Presents aside, the weekend was surely a special holiday celebration.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. I got a few books myself and wasn't expecting any - it was a nice surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh.. I'd love to hear. What did you get?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...