Pages

12.21.2010

Top Ten Books I'd Love To See Under My Tree

With the holidays just around the corner you're sure to get a few presents under the tree.  However, as I've gotten older, I've noticed less packages (oh! how I miss the beautiful wrapping and delicate ribbons) and more cards with little tabs for cards or money. Often times, a card and cash are just safe gifts- you really can't go wrong.  That being said, it's likely that I won't receive a single book in my gift haul. (Although, my Grandmother did give me a splendid cookbook when we had Christmas this past weekend.)
That's ok, though- I love to buy my own books.  I'm picky when it comes to the condition; not to mention, I believe if you're shopping for me, you should at least be able to check my updates on goodreads!

Nonetheless, here are 10 titles that I'd love to receive from the big guy in red:


My Dearest Russia- one day I will venture to your beautiful borders.  Until then, I'll read about it. 

2. Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris

I love his short stories.  Now I want to see the novel. 


I love clouds.  I love watching the clouds.  I love taking picture of clouds and making sense of the shapes they make while drifting past.  I heard it's based on a real life cloud lovers society-- and I think that's just  neat. 

4. Faithful Place by Tana French

I'm not usually into suspense and thrillers, but I've heard great things. Plus, it's based in Ireland. I love Ireland.

5. The Four Fingers of Death by Rick Moody

 I featured this title on my most anticipated reads of 2010.  Didn't get it, still want it.

6. The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman

 It was recently listed on the Millions website as one of the top reads of the year.  I need it.


Really?  You already know why I NEED this one.

8. The Diaries of Sofia Tolstoy by Sofia Tolstoy

Yep, again.  Plus, I have this thing for Tolstoy.  We shouldn't speak if you only have ill things to say.  Really.


I haven't seen a bad reveiw yet.  I usually trust those reviews.  It's a win/win.


When I made the decision to move in with my darling, J, I also adopted two beautiful babies: Stevie and Shirley (they're cats FYI).  My love for cats has grown from nothing to may-we never-be-parted. Ever.  I want this book that lifts the load, and reminds you that cats are cuddly and affectionate and everything humans are not.  The end. 



If I don't find these under the tree, no biggie; I'm about to start a whole new year of Thrify Book Finds!  Happy Holidays, bookworms! :)  Many thanks to The Broke and The Bookish for another great Top Ten Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful list! Your Santa can be my Santa any time. I share your love for the Russians--War and Peace is on my nightstand, just daring me....Hope someone will bring you some of these fabulous books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have never tackled War and Peace- I know, shameful! I received a indie book store gift certificate last night! So, it looks like I will be getting some of these afterall!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...