That's ok, though- I love to buy my own books. I'm picky when it comes to the condition; not to mention, I believe if you're shopping for me, you should at least be able to check my updates on goodreads!
Nonetheless, here are 10 titles that I'd love to receive from the big guy in red:
1. Dreams Of My Russian Summers: A Novel by Andrei Makine
My Dearest Russia- one day I will venture to your beautiful borders. Until then, I'll read about it.
2. Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris
I love his short stories. Now I want to see the novel.
3. The Cloudspotter's Guide: The Science, History and Culture of Clouds by Gavin Pretor- Pinney
I love clouds. I love watching the clouds. I love taking picture of clouds and making sense of the shapes they make while drifting past. I heard it's based on a real life cloud lovers society-- and I think that's just neat.
4. Faithful Place by Tana French
I'm not usually into suspense and thrillers, but I've heard great things. Plus, it's based in Ireland. I love Ireland.
5. The Four Fingers of Death by Rick Moody
I featured this title on my most anticipated reads of 2010. Didn't get it, still want it.
6. The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman
It was recently listed on the Millions website as one of the top reads of the year. I need it.
7. The Possessed: Adventure with Russian Books and the People Who Read Them by Elif Bautman
Really? You already know why I NEED this one.
8. The Diaries of Sofia Tolstoy by Sofia Tolstoy
Yep, again. Plus, I have this thing for Tolstoy. We shouldn't speak if you only have ill things to say. Really.
9. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
I haven't seen a bad reveiw yet. I usually trust those reviews. It's a win/win.
10. Dewey's Nine Lives: The Legacy of the Small Town Library Cat Who Inspired Millions by Vicki Myron
When I made the decision to move in with my darling, J, I also adopted two beautiful babies: Stevie and Shirley (they're cats FYI). My love for cats has grown from nothing to may-we never-be-parted. Ever. I want this book that lifts the load, and reminds you that cats are cuddly and affectionate and everything humans are not. The end.
If I don't find these under the tree, no biggie; I'm about to start a whole new year of Thrify Book Finds! Happy Holidays, bookworms! :) Many thanks to The Broke and The Bookish for another great Top Ten Tuesday!