Pages

2.11.2014

Dark Chocolate Fudgy Brownies for VDay



Following my last post on Valentine's Day, I'm going to introduce you to the most delicious brownies you'll ever taste that could also be the perfect little addition to your love notes. I'm totally serious when I say these are the best you'll ever taste. We can discuss this after you've made them. Deal?

It's been sometime since I've really craved something sweet; however, when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I was determined to make it for a Valentine's Day treat and devour it myself. I'm big on honesty over here. I changed it up a bit because I LOVE dark chocolate and desired less chocolate chunks in the batter than the original recipe called for, but I've linked the original so you can try them either way. It really is a recipe that you could alter to your own liking without ruining the whole thing. So... enjoy!


1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.  (I don't actually own a 9x9 dish and didn't want to use my 9x13 for fear of really thin brownies so used a 9" pie dish instead. It works!)
Beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a stand mixer. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix in the baking soda.
Mix in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
Once a thick batter forms, scrape it into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
Bake for 25 minutes, until brownies begin to pull away from the side of the pan. *I pulled mine out just before so they'd be extra gooey, but that's your call.

*Recipe taken and adapted from somethingswanky.com


Let me be honest for a minute. My first approach to this recipe consisted of scooping the batter into the cutest little heart-shaped silicone molds so that you'd have many servings of little brownie treats to hand out. That whole plan, however, was thrown out the window when I found my heart-shaped cookie cutter in the utensil drawer while prepping. I thought I could get away with using it instead. And you can. Sort of. You can use a cookie cutter once the brownies have cooled completely. I, needless to say, did not wait. I only got one out before realizing I was being a greedy idiot and waited so that I could get three more out. Of course, I saved all the scraps and have been snacking on them since, but it was a little messy. If you're looking for more treats,  I'd say go with the molds, or stick to a pan and cut them out yourself. It's just prettier.

The drill... Bake > cool > wrap up all crafty like > snack on a few pieces > hand out to the one(s) you love!

 


And just like that, you've gone and outdone yourself without doing much at all. :)



 Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, YUM. I'm pretty much the same on Valentine's Day - not super into the jewelry and roses and "romance", but I love fun cards and sweet treats and having an excuse to make things for friends. These sound super delicious, and I love the idea of cutting them into hearts to give away and getting to keep the scraps for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shame in that! And I hardly eat sweets but will always make sure to make something I can share with all my friends when I do! And Valentine's Day really is a great excuse to get down to crafting and baking!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...