Pages

7.09.2010

Beach Weekend- Leaving Atlanta for a Couple of Days with some Nicole Krauss

Hello, bookworms! Tonight I embark on a mini-vacation! You must know what that means... I will watch every remaining minute of the workday pass by ever so slowly. It's a vacation so I'm definitely not going to complain.
Scrap the history lesson that often accompanies Savannah/Tybee Island, Georgia, the destination we've planned for a short, two-day trip; I need sun, sand and some heartfelt fiction!  I want to sing and smile and feel everything.
The History of Love: A NovelIf you follow me on Twitter you're aware that I've been known to go on and on and on about my love of Nicole Krauss and her 2005 novel, "The History of Love." So much so, that people probably believe I can recite it- all 225 pages of it- from memory. 
I cannot.
Sigh.
I can say, however, that I'll be reading the novel again in the very near future, in the hope of discussing every detail with a  fellow bibliophile, and friend, while making a visit to Washington D.C. in two weeks. 
If you're unfamiliar with her name: please, I can't bear to hear it! I'll clue you in by providing this interview, which I discovered while looking for resources on the title. The novel may have come out five years ago, but Krauss's work resonates with many, solidifying quite a reputation. Her upcoming release, Great House: A Novel, is one of the most anticipated titles of the year. The aforementioned interview presents Krauss as a relatable, while extraordinarily intelligent, individual; and a writer who strives to produce work that exhibits a unique perspective of the human experience, evoking powerful emotion, with unbelievable eloquence.  So, in celebration of what is sure to be a fantastic weekend of sand, the ever-so-sweet salted air and sunshine, I will be taking Krauss's first novel, Man Walks Into a Room, along for the journey. I'll be sure to keep pen and pad in hand while looking out over the waves, noting each and every word-sentence-paragraph that sends my mind soaring. Hopefully, those who haven't read her work will give it a go, and, maybe, even walk away absurdly fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...