Pages

7.09.2010

Social Media: An Enjoyable New Key to Success

All a Twitter: A Personal and Professional Guide to Social Networking with TwitterI used twitter before it was an icon that you couldn't escape- before it was plastered on anything and everything that happened to come into your peripheral vision.  I used it to plan meetings with the closest of friends, because my new toy, the iPhone, and the applications it allowed me to access, was more fun than simply texting.  However, after a year, I said goodbye to Twitter; of course, I remembered it sometimes, but rarely.  Like Facebook, I didn't need it in my life.  Now, I've come to terms with the tremendous effect Twitter, and other social media sites, like Facebook, have on the world.  Information is available faster than ever.  Although criticism exists to elucidate the underlying issues that  have prevailed with big business media, print newspapers, oh, and scrolls made of papyrus long before, Twitter users have also been accussed of  reporting and disseminating inaccurate "factual" information. Note: Twitter can't be relied on solely for "real" news. I'll even admit that, at times, the "featured" content of celebrity tweets can be a little dispiriting, yet doesn't stop me from searching for individuals from all over the world that enjoy reading as much as I do. This article, in Time Magazine, provides explanation for the devotion people all over the world are proclaiming for the social site. Through Twitter, I've found more intelligent individuals offering ample resources, like: upcoming lists, writers' interviews and tips for effective book club discussion. I can find book lists with a couple of clicks and a few tag lines.  Moreover, I can, in real time, discuss my passion for literature with other bookworms even if they don't exist around me.  My Twitter account offers me refuge when I can't seem to find individuals in my immediate community willing to engage in a bookclub.  As time goes on, I hope to be able to incorporate my Twitter account with this new endeavor, so that individuals who become participating members of my bookclub can actively communicate with one another while finding accompanying resources, simultaneously. If you haven't opened an account, I encourage you to do so.  It doesn't cost a thing, and it's fun! Feel free to follow me: http://twitter.com/bkwrmmeetsbkwrm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...